Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dinner Disaster

I must preface this story by saying DO NOT ASK ME WHY I DECIDED IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO GO TO PIZZA HUT FOR DINNER!! I am pregnant and being confined to the house for a week obviously left me mentally unstable. Reason enough.

So, the following is going to serve as a reminder as to why I will never go to Pizza Hut again, should time make my memory hazy.

It all seemed well enough at first; our order was taken in a reasonably timely fashion and our drinks brought out. Then came the 45 minute wait for our breadsticks. During which time Charlie dropped not too subtle hints every once in a while: "I'm a VERY HUNGRY boy!" he would announce randomly to the restuarant at large.

Then, finally, our breadsticks came. All would be well! Except, as we discovered, there were no napkins in the entire restaurant. Mike was forced to go to the restroom and bring paper towels back to the table.

Next, my pasta dish came out. No sign of my side salad, or of Mike or Charlie's pizza. Or of silverware, for that matter. Well hey -- we had breadsticks. After finally getting some silverware I dug into my pasta only to discover after eating some of it and rooting through the rest of it that it was not what I ordered. I gave the rest of it to Charlie, who was hungry and didn't care what it was.

Finally Mike and Charlie's pizzas arrived. Mike's large pepperoni lovers pizza had somehow morphed into a large cheese lovers pizza. Strike two. Or was it strike three? Or four?

And where was my side salad? When the waitress came back I politely informed her that neither mine nor Mike's meals were what we had ordered, that we would be eating them anyway thanks to the now hour long wait for our food, but that we would not be paying for them. I also asked again for my side salad, which again failed to appear.

So after spending absolutely way too long in Pizza Hut we left after paying the $15 of our order that had not been screwed up. And I just have two things to tell you:
1) I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!
2) MIKE STILL TIPPED OUR WAITRESS 15%!!
and okay, three things:
3) I HAVE REALLY BAD HEARTBURN!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

the only thing i can possibly say is that IT SERVES YOU RIGHT FOR GOING TO PIZZA HUT FOR DINNER! I mean, who the hell actually GOES to pizza hut, like for a meal?
(And then orders pasta???)