Thursday, May 17, 2012

Expensive Day Off

I took an impromptu day off today, because our building is in state survey this week and there is nothing I hate worse than tiptoe-ing around all week trying not to make eye contact with a surveyor, who might or might not stop me and ask me where the nearest AED is located or who knows what else. So since we were slow, I graciously volunteered to take a day off. Mike decided at the last minute to take the day off as well, and although I had no ambitions other than to maybe walk to Starbucks for a latte, this changed when I saw a Jordan's Furniture commercial which reminded me that this is the last week of their red sox promotion. Because you get a coupon for 20% of your purchase price this week towards a future purchase, I decided that if we were actually ever going to replace our ten year old mattress and upgrade to a king bed now would be the time to do it because a) how often do we get a chance to shop without the kids and b) the 20% back would be enough to cover a bed for Amelia, who will be transitioning out of her crib by the end of the year (god help us). So consequently we have a king sleigh bed and tempurpedic mattress, complete with tempurpedic pillows, being delivered at some point on Tuesday, which I am extremely excited for! Although it should be an interesting experience because apparently the tempurpedic mattresses come with an odor that you have to air out of them first, and also it takes about eight weeks to break them in, during which time you may as well be sleeping on a rock. But after you air them out and break them in you are gauranteed a wonderful night's sleep ;) We also walked away with a $600 coupon towards Amelia's bed and the chance that just MAYBE our entire purchase will be free if a red sox player can get it together enough to hit the baseball on the Jordan's Furniture sign in the outfield any time after July 16th and the end of the regular season...

No comments: