Saturday, October 12, 2013

Random Updates

It's been a pretty busy week so here are some updates:

On Monday Amelia managed to drop my iPad and shatter the screen into about a bazillion pieces. It was entirely not her fault and I couldn't even raise my voice at her, especially when she looked mournfully at the broken iPad, then back up at me and said "Well at least you still have your iPhone..." Since I famously never buy protection plans I had to settle for trading the broken one in towards a new one, to the tune of $219. And no I STILL don't have a protection plan! (I'm not a fast learner.)

Tonight Charlie's Taekwon do studio sponsored a "parents night out" where we were invited to drop our kids off from 5pm to 9pm for a movie and pizza party. At $15 per kid Mike and I happily obliged, and had dinner across the street and then drinks at the sports bar next door; the kids had fun eating pizza, watching "Monster House" and playing relay races. 

Tomorrow Charlie is testing for his blue belt in Taekwon do, so has to be at the studio at 11 with the test starting at noon. After his blue belt the only belts left are blue with a red stripe, red and black. I was given The Lecture by his teacher that those next belts are extremely difficult to get and that if Charlie wants to progress past his blue belt he will have to come to class more than twice a week, and really apply himself. So yeah this is probably going to be his last belt, seeing as Charlie does not have a particular desire to do either of those things ;-)

Monday we are heading up to NH for the day since Mike & Charlie both have off for Columbus Day. We are hoping for one last boat ride on the lake and to see some pretty fall foliage!

An update on Charlie's belt test will be sure to follow :-)

No comments: