Monday, February 29, 2016

Yet Another Jasper Update

Jasper is having surgery for his dislocated left patella on Thursday morning. He had his consult this morning, where the surgeon explained that the dislocation is due to an abnormal  insertion of his patellar tendon, and that he suspects some abnormality of the groove where his patella sits as well. He said that despite Jasper's slip in the mud with Mike, which we thought precipitated the incident, he doubted the dislocation had to do with trauma, and that it is congenital. I emailed the breeder because I remembered signing paperwork that guaranteed him to be free of congenital defects for two years. Unfortunately that paperwork just gaurantees me a puppy free of charge from a future litter. Because I need another puppy like a hole in my head  :-(

No comments: