Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend

Just figured I'd do a weekend update (ok yes I realize it is not the weekend anymore) as we had a fairly successful weekend.

Friday was Amelia's one month checkup (albeit a bit early as she isn't actually a month old till this wednesday.) I am happy to report she is already 10 lbs 5 oz and has grown an inch and a half to 22 1/2 inches, since birth. Hard to believe she has gained 2 lbs since I brought her home! Baby likes the boob juice :) After her check up Mike and I enjoyed a quiet lunch at Cheesecake Factory, Amelia still being of the age where she just sleeps in her carseat and is hardly noticeable during outtings.

Saturday we took Charlie to the Harvard Natural History museum for the third time; we hadn't been in about a year and they had a few new interesting exhibits, so it was interesting even for those of us who are not as captivated by taxidermy as Charlie is. Afterwards we went to lunch and picked up the dvd Disney's Earth
which kept Charlie captivated for the rest of the afternoon.

Sunday we had basketball lessons at the Weymouth club; this time I waited outside the basketball gym so as not to be as distracting for Charlie, and he did seem to participate more -- atleast, he only came out to see me 3 times all of which involved various injuries and all of which I am assuming he got actually playing basketball? Or maybe not. Afterwards we hung out at the splash park and then went to lunch. Thank god for the Weymouth club on wintery Sundays!

Not much going on this week -- Charlie has a Valentine's party at school on Friday for which I will be making chocolate cupcakes with pink icing and chocolate hearts (assuming I don't eat all the chocolate hearts before hand) and otherwise I am devoting the week to tackling our taxes and starting the Boob Juice Train; my goal is to have 350 oz of frozen breast milk before I go back to work... exciting stuff in the Robinson house I tell ya...

2 comments:

Grandma said...

May I suggest 'Mighty Mammary Machine' as an alternative to 'Boob juice train'?

Amanda said...

yes i am finding it objectionable to read the term "boob juice" half a dozen times in one post. let's try to think of some alternatives.