Friday, March 26, 2010

Yet Another House Update

I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel -- the basement really truly should be done by wednesday, which is when the carpet is being installed. I must say I am rather proud of myself for managing to wrangle over $1,000 off the initial quote I was given for the carpet. (This did mean agreeing to an "Empire Today" sign on my lawn, but hey...) Next week the contractors will be finishing up a few minor things in the basement: touching up some paint, putting a cuouple more doorknobs on, snd doing the vents for the heat. They'll also be working on the upstairs, patching the holes in the diningroom ceiling among other things. I have high hopes that the house will be better than new by the end of the week and that I will have some "before" and "after" pictures by then too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know what you think of working with Empire, willya? Our whole downstairs needs new flooring. :)