Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Amelia's Two Year Check Up

Amelia's two year check up this morning went pretty much as I could have predicted: she started to scream bloody murder the minute she was asked to stand on the scale, to the extent that the doctor came out of his office and said please don't bother to get a height and weight on her. I had weighed her at my work about two weeks ago and she was 26 lbs so we took that as the weight (40th percentile) and that was pretty much as far as we got in the way of standardized measures. Amelia would not let the doctor come any closer to her than 4 feet, which in a small exam room basically meant he had to stand with his back against the far wall the whole time while she glared balefully at him. The doctor stated that while he wasn't actually able to assess any of the things he was supposed to assess on her two year well visit, she was clearly very smart and opinionated, and that while being smart and opinionated had a lot of advantages, I wouldn't be seeing them for a long time ;) When I got home I very unscientifically measured her at 33 inches tall, which I was being generous with, and unfortunately for her is the 25th percentile. That's my girl, short and stubborn :)

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Very funny! Doc needs his sense of humor, for sure, since his patients treat him like Voldemort:)

Amanda said...

and you had to pay for that? think u need a different doctor ;) rebecca had to have her exams entirely on my lap for a while, but we got past that stage...

Abigail said...

No I didn't have to pay for it, no copay for well visits, thankfully :)