Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Boy Who Brought Salamanders To School

That is what Charlie will be known as at least until 6th grade, thanks to his teacher who told us he could bring a salamander to school if it was in a container with air holes and thanks to me for figuring a Tupperware container was secure enough (I hope I hope).

Charlie, for his part, decided that one salamander was simply not good enough, so dug up not one but FIVE to take with him.

The bus driver just laughed when he asked to bring them on the bus, and I am keeping my fingers crossed for no phone calls from school this morning. Escaped salamanders would guarantee that Charlie is known as Salamander Boy until graduation...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

and you trust him not to open it?!

Abigail said...

Haha he is under extremely explicit instructions under penalty of death not to open it or to let anyone else hold the container.... It's only a half day today so I just ave to keep my fingers crossed for another hour LOL