Friday, January 31, 2014

Whoever Said Four Was The Age of Reason...

... Definitely has never met Amelia. All of the following conversations took place within the last two hours (God help me .)

Me: "You need to put some lotion on, your skin is really dry. "
Amelia: "No, I'm not putting any lotion on today!"
Me: "Yes, your arms are really dry and you keep complaining that they're itchy. Put some lotion on."
Amelia: "No!! I'm not putting any lotion on and if you put it on me I'm going to wipe it right off!!" At which point she charged out of the bathroom and slammed the door. 
***
Me: "Do you want to watch tv up here while I put laundry away or do you want to go downstairs and see what the boys are doing?"
Amelia: "I want to watch tv downstairs."
(She doesn't move.)
Me: "Ok... So go downstairs, the tv is already on down there."
Amelia: "I want to watch upstairs."
Me: "What do you want to watch?"
Amelia: "Whatever's on."
Me: "Whatever's on Nick Jr?"
Amelia: "Yes... I DONT WANT TO WATCH DORA!!!"
Me: "Oookay what do you want to watch?"
Amelia: "Doc McStuffins, I want a new Doc McStuffins. "
Me: "Well there's no new ones, there's just..."
Amelia: "YOU PICK IT!! JUST PICK WHICHEVER ONE YOU WANT THEN!!" She literally starts screaming, laying on her back and kicking her feet in the air. Mike has to come upstairs to see what the commotion is about. 
***
Amelia: "We learned about different places in school today, like Boston is a place and China is a place. "
Me: "That's good, what did you learn about them?"
Amelia: "We learned that rice comes from China and we tasted it."
Me: "That's right! What else did you learn?"
Amelia:  "We learned that pizza comes from China too. "
Me: "Umm... I don't think pizza comes from China, honey, maybe you learned it comes from Italy, or --"
Amelia: "PIZZA COMES FROM CHINA!! DON'T TELL ME WHERE PIZZA COMES FROM BECAUSE I KNOW IT COMES FROM CHINA!!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like 'past my bedtime' meltdown syndrome.