Monday, October 20, 2014

Gearing Up For Halloween

We are gearing up for our first Halloween in Beverly Crest, a holiday that is apparently almost as big as Christmas in these parts, judging from the decorated houses and number of festivities. 

Amelia is dressing up as Anna from Frozen and she is going to be *so cute*!! I am going to braid her hair in 2 braids ala Anna and color it brown with a white stripe or two and we ordered an Olaf doll from the Disney store for her to carry with her -- I'm sure she won't be the only Anna in Beverly Crest but she'll be the cutest! Charlie is going to be a skeleton Ninja for what, the 4th year in a row? Oh no wait I think there was a swamp monster in there somewhere... Mike and I are even joining in the dressing up festivities; Mike as the grim reaper and me as a witch but how much of my costume I'll wear other than the hat remains to be seen...

This Friday there is an adults only Halloween party at the club house, but seeing as we already have a babysitter lined up for Saturday night we'll be skipping that one. Sunday there is a kids Halloween Party at the clubhouse, which we will definitely be going to, and then on Halloween itself our street is having a block party so there will be lots of before and after trick or treating fun. Good thing Halloween is on a Friday night! 

No comments: