Monday, April 18, 2016

Charlotte Race Fest Half Marathon & 10k

Mike and I ran the Charlotte Race Fest 10K and half marathon this weekend. We had a babysitter for Friday night, had a delicious dinner at Dogwood Southern Restaurant and stayed in a hotel the night before the race.

Mike did a great job running his first 10k, coming in at 1:03:17. I am now trying to convince him to run a half marathon with me!

I made my goal of running the half marathon in under 2 hours, squeaking in at 1:59:12 which is a full 10 minutes faster than I ran the same race last year. I have now set a few new goals for myself which include running the 13.1 Mile in Ballantyne in September averaging under 9 minute miles (I averaged 9:07/mile for this race) and running the Charlotte Marathon in November in under 4 hours.

(But for this week I am chilling on the couch eating ice cream and Oreos!)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: