Monday, January 12, 2009

Quiet Play? No Such Luck

Yesterday I realized that Charlie continues to be one of the absolute loudest children I know. Seriously, I would get his hearing tested -- if I hadn't already had it tested twice -- because the kid *yells* everything. Yesterday he re-discovered his Vtech laptop and is actually old enough to do a couple of the games on it -- for instance, the one where it gives you a letter and you have to find it on the keyboard and press it. For any other kid this would be a relatively quiet endeavor, but for Charlie? No way: "OHH THE 'N'!!! I FIND THE 'N'! I CAN'T SEE IT! I CAN'T SEE IT! WHERE THE 'N'? WAIT I FIND IT!! THERE IT IS!! I FIND THE 'N'!! 'N' IS FOR NEST!!!" Repeat at max decibel level for 25 more letters of the alphabet and hand out ibuprofen to all adults in hearing range.

No comments: