Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Charlie's 4 Yr Check Up and Random Other Stuff

Charlie had his four year check up today; he is 43 1/2 inches tall (above the 96th percentile) and 43 lbs (90th-95th percentile) and had to have two shots: polio and DPT. He at first announced he wanted shots so that he could have a treat afterwards, but very quickly changed his mind. Afterwards he told me, "Mommy, doctors shouldn't do that!" Poor kiddo. We also got a referral to an allergist who will re-test Charlie for his peanut allergy and may even allow him to have peanuts in the office to see if we can "clear" him of the allergy. I have already made the appointment but it is not till July, as the guy is supposedly a top expert on peanut allergies and books up fast.

In other news, Amelia has decided that a) she is some type of jungle bird, judging by the high pitched squawks she now emits all day long, and b) she must be fed every three hours day AND night in a desperate attempt to add another inch or so to her already chubby thighs before her 4 month check up next week.

Mother's Day was good -- the boys treated me to breakfast in bed, 2 new pairs of earrings and a trip to the Lucky Brand Jeans store. I also got a membership to sittercity.com and have already found a girl who is going to start as a mother's helper next week and graduate to a babysitter assuming she does not turn out to be an axe weilding psychopath named Damien.

I am going in tomorrow for the first of my laser surgeries for my ingrown toenails -- tomorrow is the right toenail, both borders. I have no idea what to expect and certainly hope I am not limping around for too much longer afterwards!!

I guess that is it on the news front -- my jungle bird is calling me... :)

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Well...it's been a long time between your blog posts but this one was worth waiting for- very informative. Can't wait to see both my jungle bird and my tall boy:)