Friday, September 9, 2011

Kindergarten Orientation

We had Charlie's kindergarten orientation this afternoon, with his first day being Monday (the kindergarteners start a week later than the rest of the school district.)

The afternoon was very informative, with an introductory talk from the principal, the school nurse and the cafeteria director. Charlie was less than interested in all of the above and sat through it while licking my arm and head butting me like some kind of lost kitten. He was much more interested when we finally got to go to his classroom, even holding out his hand for a handshake when he met his teacher and teacher's aide. He seems to be excited at least to ride the bus, to play on a playground with monkey bars on a regular basis, and to play basketball, which he has been promised he can do on the afternoons he stays for the after school program.

And while I am less than convinced that my child will not get lost (get on the wrong bus, get on the right bus on the wrong day, the possibilities seem endless) I suppose I am cautiously optimistic.

We'll be sure to give a full report on Monday after Charlie's first day!

No comments: