Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunday Night Already!? Where Did My Weekend Go??

And just like that, the weekend is over. 

Yesterday morning I had a long overdue hair appointment and then tackled the grocery shopping. Mike and the kids met me in the check out line to schlep everything home, where we had a lazy afternoon and then went out to dinner. 

This morning Mandy and I took the girl cousins to see a matinee of Paddington Bear, which they all thoroughly enjoyed. After we got home I did a 5 mile run and then spent the rest of the afternoon in the kitchen, baking apple dumplings that involved Pillsbury crescent roles, large amounts of butter and sugar, and 12 oz of Mountain Dew.  (And let me tell you, they were delicious!) I also made a pot of red lentil soup which was very yummy and got good reviews, except of course from Amelia, who gagged on all six bites that I managed to get her to take. (Sigh.)

Here is a picture of the apple dumplings:

No comments: