Monday, June 16, 2008

Charlie's Summer Reading List

This afternoon when I came home from work there was a package from Amazon.com on the doorstep. Since Mike had told me he had ordered some books for himself and for Charlie, I wasn't surprised. I opened up the box and flipped through the books -- of six books, there was only one children's book. Since I was sure Mike had mentioned that he had bought several books for Charlie, I asked him when he called later on to say he was on his way home.

"Yeah there should be two books in there for him," he confirms.

I start reading off the titles when he interrupts me: "No, that one isn't for me, it's for Charlie."

The Science of Hitting by Ted Williams.

My kid has his work cut out for him this summer.

1 comment:

kirabug said...

Whoo hoo new blog!

Yes, Charlie's definitely got his work cut out for him this summer.