Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sleepless Nights

Amelia has been going through some sort of a phase where she not only talks in her sleep but apparently also gets up and does random things in her sleep. 

Last week she woke me up in the middle of the night because she was having a bad dream and apparently climbed out of her bed and was sitting in the middle of her bedroom floor when I came upstairs. She was convinced that there was a spider on the floor next to her but I think she was actually still asleep because she didn't actually respond to anything I said. 

On Sunday night Amelia woke up in the middle of the night and called down to me, "Mommy I peed in my bed!"

Baffled I came upstairs to find Amelia standing on her bed with her pajama pants down around her knees and a huge puddle in the middle of her bed. "But you have a pull up on, how did you wet the bed?" I asked, thinking maybe I had put the pull up on backwards and it had leaked or something. 

Amelia seemed just as confused as I was. "I just pulled my pants down and peed in the middle of the bed! I thought I was on the potty!"

Last night we didn't have as much drama but I was still up in Amelia 's room about ten times as she thrashed around and called out in her sleep. At one point she was sitting bolt upright in bed with her eyes closed going "I can't! I can't! I can't!"

At this point I am debating whether or not to put her baby gate back up in case she decides to wander down the stairs in her sleep?? And I'm wondering if I should check in with her doctor to see if this is normal... Ugh!

No comments: