Friday, May 16, 2014

A Day Of Lasts

Today was a day of lasts -- my last day working at Hancock Park and Mike's last day in the office at the Volpe Center (and last time commuting into Boston). It was  also Amelia's last day at Merry Deb nursery school -- this morning she said to me, "Mom, today is my last day at Merry Deb and then what happens...?" I was like "Umm I'm pretty sure we've gone over this before but let me refresh your memory..." 

It was also Charlie's last day of Taekwon do and last night was his last night of homework for the year because he won a no homework pass at school today which he will use for Monday night's homework. 

Tomorrow's yardsale has been rescheduled to Sunday since it's supposed to rain, so tomorrow we will be packing up what we're taking to Charlotte, instead, and Mike's parents are coming down for one last visit and to help Mike put the new garbage disposal in. 

Tomorrow night we are going out with Phil & Sue and Tom & Sharon, which will somehow manage to be fun and sad at the same time. 

So I guess today was a happy day of lasts and tomorrow will be a sad day of lasts :-(

No comments: