Sunday, May 11, 2014

Psychic

Friday night after work I went with a co-worker to a locally famous "tea room" for a psychic reading, since she wanted to go and I figured since I was about to embark on a major life event I might as well go too. (Also I walk by the place at least once a week and always think to myself 'who the hell goes in there?' Although since it's been in business for over 40 years a lot of people must. ) 

The experience in and of itself was fascinating, as we went in and were literally handed leather bound "menus" of all the services the tea room offered -- Palm reading ? Taro card reading? Tea leaf reading? Past life regression? Spirit mediums? They had it all! We both chose a half hour Tarot card reading, mostly because we had no idea what else to pick. 

Let's just say I hope that my psychic is NOT actually psychic because although she knew that I am moving, have 2 kids and came up with the name of Mike's boss, she also adamantly claimed that I'll be having a third child. (Noooo!!!)

My friend had less success with her psychic, who apparently talked a lot about her love life. ("She could have been talking about every guy I've ever dated!" she complained. 


No comments: