Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Errands, Errands & More Errands

Mike went back to work on Tuesday, having set up his office on Mandy & Joel's diningroom table (which is apparently only used twice a year.)

With Ben & Becca in school for another week and a half Charlie and Amelia have been doing not much at home until the start of summer camp on June 16th. 

I have been making a bunch of phone calls and doing a bunch of errands -- calling a whole host of people from our bank to our cell phone carrier, Charlie's new school, Amelia's new pre-school, the new pediatrician etc. Yesterday Amelia and I ventured out to run some errands; I found my way to the Arboreteum which is the gigantic shopping center that is less than a mile away. We went to the Gap where I bought some work clothes and then to the grocery store where I bought a bus pass for the month of June. The shopping center literally must have 60 or 80 stores (judging from my attempt to count the signs) and includes a grocery store, Wal-Mart, Barnes & Noble, The Children's  Place, The Gap & Gap Kids,  a sporting goods store, UPS store and a ton of restaurants as well. There's also a movie theater and the medical complex across the street is where all of our doctors will be. 

This morning I took Amelia to tour her new pre-school, which she will start the last week of August. It is inside the development, a ten minute walk down the street. They are letting her try a day for free, so I'm going to drop her off for the day next Tuesday. Tuition includes breakfast and lunch, which is a nice bonus! 

This afternoon I took the bus over to my work for a "dry run." Although kind of time consuming it is at least a straight shot so pretty impossible to get lost. (Although thank god for google maps which told me where the bus stop was, what bus to take, what stop to get off, etc. Google where would I be without you??)

I've also been occupied by writing a letter to the IRS explaining why I don't really think we owe them $2,300 and with fielding emails and texts regarding the crazy people who bought our house and supposedly had the shower leak the other day and think that we're going to fix it. (Ha!)

Tomorrow Mike has a phone interview at Wells Fargo in the afternoon so I will make an attempt to vacate with the kids. Unfortunately while school is still in session the pool doesn't open til 4pm but maybe we will head to the playground. 

In other news it has been pushing 90 degrees all week, far from the weather in New England I hear!!

No comments: