Thursday, October 30, 2008

Doggy on the Train?

As Charlie and I boarded the train on the way home from daycare today he started yelling and pointing: "I pet doggy! I pet doggy!" I looked hurriedly and saw no dog, but Charlie none the less continued to carry on about petting a doggy. Finally I looked more carefully in the direction he was pointing: it was a woman in a heavy fur coat. Who graciously did allow Charlie to pet her once she realized she was the 'dog' he was referring to.

Later when we were at home I asked Charlie, for Mike's benefit, if he remembered what he had seen on the train. "No I don't," he replied flatly, and returned to what he was doing.

Hmmm, maybe he was embarressed by his mistake.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hmmmm... little bit of a problem with over generalizing? (is that a word?)