Thursday, March 20, 2014

More From Amelia

(Collected over the past two weeks. )

Amelia: "I'm the smartest person in this house but nobody knows it. "
Me: "Oh yeah? Why don't we know it?"
Amelia: "Because I haven't told anyone yet. "
***
Amelia: "I think I'm allergic to snow. "
Me: "Why...?"
Amelia: "Because whenever I look at it I start sneezing!"
***
Amelia: "I think I want to be a doctor when I grow up. But, I have a question."
Me: "What?"
Amelia: "How do you get to be a doctor?"
Me: "You go to college and then you go to medical school. "
Amelia: "What's medical school?"
Me: "It's the school that you go to, to learn to be a doctor. "
Amelia: "Oh. Maybe I'll be a bird instead."
***
Amelia: "Can I watch Doc McStuffins?" And can I have a pillow? And a blanket ? And some pink juice?"
Me: "Amelia I can only --"
Amelia : "I know, I know -- you don't have sixteen hands!"
***
Charlie: "Amelia -- let's play the game where I pretend to be sleeping and you come up and fart on my face!"
Amelia: "No Charlie! I've outgrown that game!!"

No comments: